Dieting Tips to Help You Lose Weight

By Andy S Singh

I'm going to cut right to the chase, your journey in weight loss will be an up and down road; but the tips I'm going to give you below have been proven to help you shed the extra pounds. Yes I know it's a bold statement and one you've probably heard before but I'm going to be honest with you because I do not want you to feel cheated any more.

Dieting Tip #1: Drink Calorie Free Beverages
Quick question, when you "feel" hungry do you immediately reach for a snack? If the answer is yes then you maybe one of a lot of people who are getting hunger confused with thirst. It's a common mistake which anyone can make (even the dieting gurus!) so next time you feel hungry, reach for a glass of water or, if you prefer, a brew infused tea like mango or peach which have a lot of flavour and no calories. When you become used to knowing what your body is asking for, I promise you the weight will fall off!

Dieting Tip #2: Enjoy Your Favourite Foods!
I'm someone who LOVES their food - whether it's sugary sweet or a Oreo Milkshake or my mum's curries, I find it hard to say no. The thing is as much as I love my favourite foods and sweets, I've found controlling their portions have had a huge effect on my weight. So instead of ordering a large or a extra large milkshake (which I used to order - I love my milkshakes!) go for a medium one. Instead of ordering a large meal, get a medium meal. Do not cut the foods out - eat them in moderation and continue to enjoy them. (Imagine my mum's face if I said I can't eat her curries...yeah I know I'd get that mum look!)

Dieting Tip #3: Stock Up with Healthy Convenience Foods
Having ready to eat healthy snacks is one way to beat away the temptation of resorting to a high calorie ready meal or a take away should you be able to rustle something up in 5 or 10 minutes. Stock your kitchen up with foods such as fat-free popcorn, pre-cooked chicken, brown rice and pre-washed vegetables - a perfect healthy meal which will take 10 minute to prepare. Convenience snacking is possibly the one thing which can make you gain weight. Turn it around and get it to work in your favour!

Dieting Tip #4: Swap a Cup of Pasta for a Cup of Vegetables
Following this tip can see you drop a dress size in a year simply by eating less pasta or bread and eating more vegetables. This tip is win-win because swapping pasta and bread can save you between 100 to 200 calories A DAY; and increasing your vegetable intake will keep you fuller for longer.

Follow these tips and I guarantee you that you will start shedding weight really really soon.

For more information, visit Diet Plans to Lose Weight for more FREE advice.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Andy_S_Singh

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6141577

Popular Posts