Weight Loss With Yogurt

Weight Loss With Yogurt
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Jamie_Sutherland]Jamie Sutherland

The Quickest Way To Lose Weight

I have struggled all my life with weight problems, as I am sure most people have. But here I am in my mid-forties and a single parent. My daughter, age 9 years as of writing this essay, is the greatest thing in my life. I lost both of my parents early in life due to natural causes and just a couple years ago, reality started hitting me in the face. Hard! I've gained too much weight from eating badly and not burning off enough calories to make a difference. Or my train of thought went! My job is fairly strenuous and I compete in some sport activities, enough that I felt I should have stayed more at my ideal weight.

Enter the Stomach

A couple years ago I read an article on UK dietary studies that concluded that hot beverages, such as coffee and tea, and the high acidity of the western diet is severely crippling to the digestive flora in the human gut! We all know that we eat badly. Otherwise we would all look like Greek Gods!

A little research later and I had realized that unhealthy eating...abuse of the natural contents of my stomach and intestinal system, was leading to a poor digestive system. There was no longer enough flora and enzymatic agents present in my gut to digest my food properly!

How could I tell this was happening to me?

Then the Bloat

For years, especially very recently, anything I ate seemed to stick around longer than it should. After I ate meals, especially those consisting of meat or heavy proteins, I would feel full for hours. Not just "not hungry", but rather like I had swallowed a brick! I could sometimes point to my belly and tell my daughter exactly where my dinner was in my intestines! The problem seemed even worse when I ate very much cheese or heavy milk products like cream. A doctor told me that I was becoming Lactose intolerant. I love cheese! I can't be Lactose intolerant! Elimination had slowed, too. Normally I would be relieved of my meals at least once, daily. Now things were moving at snails' pace and every three or four days was the norm. Additional fiber in my diet help this a little, but still, why was it happening in the first place?

So I hit the books and internet again and found studies on how live cultures, like those in yogurt, could help rebuild a disabled digestion and help rebuild the flora so necessary to healthful digestion. I decided then and there to add some to my diet!

Why Greek Yogurt?

After all the abuse I've given my digestive system, and apparently becoming unable to digest even simple things like Lactose, I decided to go with Greek yogurt. One of its beneficial properties is its very low Lactose content. Most people who are Lactose intolerant can still eat Greek yogurt because when regular yogurt is strained to make the thick, creamy Greek-style yogurt, the Lactose runs out with the whey. It was just extra sugar, nothing I needed and Greek yogurt tastes more mild, less tart because of the lack of whey. Win! Another benefit of Greek yogurt over regular is its higher protein level. The protein doesn't leave the yogurt while the whey is being strained off, often leaving up to double the protein per serving! Win/win!

And then the diet!

I knew I wanted to drop a few calories to lose weight, so I experiments with Greek yogurt and salads for lunch. It seems like a very simple choice, and it is, but it took quite a bit of trial and error to figure out how many servings of Greek yogurt and how many salads. I worked with it and wrote down everything I learned during this time.

One of the greatest things I learned during this development time was this:

The quickest way to rid your body of fat is to take away the reasons it had for sticking around!

Read that line again because it's important!

I narrowed down what I needed to eat during the day and gave myself the reward of a wonderful (and often huge) dinner. Pretty much anything I wanted! But there's an important trick I learned on the proper order to eat that meal. One which would ensure that I didn't absorb too many calories. Also, my newly restored metabolism, thanks to the Greek yogurt, was far more efficient and I could just feel it eating up the nutrients in my food! I had become a fat-burning furnace without even trying!

My newfound discoveries had led to a loss of 40 pounds in around 30 days. But that's not even the best part! My digestion was now perfectly on track, moving along like it should. Now, even after a huge dinner, I don't feel bloated for hours and days! I wake up in the morning and I can move about freely!

I owe an awful lot to The Greek Yogurt Diet and what I have realized was a very simple change in my diet. Had I discovered this secret earlier in life, well, perhaps I would have climbed mountains by now. There's always time for that later. For now, I am just happy to be able to get out and play with my daughter like a good daddy!

Thank you for taking the time to read this essay and I hope you will find as much enjoyment in discovering The Greek Yogurt Diet as I have!

-Jamie

rel=nofollow http://thegreekyogurtdiet.com

*See us on Facebook and Twitter!

The Greek Yogurt Diet is a plan that is dedicated to helping people become aware of the healthy nutrition this wonderfood provides. Its mild flavor and high protein content make it ideal for a daily addition to your diet and may help promote weight loss when used properly.

Come check us out at http://thegreekyogurtdiet.com

Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Weight-Loss-With-Yogurt&id=6082870] Weight Loss With Yogurt

Popular Posts